Dr. Theresa Presley
"I enjoy teaching and helping others learn."
- Ph.D. – University of Memphis
- Research published in numerous peer-reviewed journals, including Accounting Horizons and Advances in Accounting
- Work in the industry as a controller, financial analyst, and external auditor
- Teaching undergraduate and graduate accounting classes at PSU since 2015
- Previous teaching experience at Kansas State University and Truman State University
In which online degree programs do you teach?
Which classes do you teach online?
ACCTG 814: Management Control Systems
What should students take away from your classes? What do they learn?
They will learn about the importance of a control structure to organizational effectiveness.
What types of projects do your students do in the online courses?
Along with reading about and understanding basic principles, they will prepare case discussions.
What advice would you give to students considering an online MBA program?
Keep on top of your assignments. The weeks will fly by.
What is the value of an MBA? What are some of the skills students gain in this program?
The best attribute the student should leave with is an improvement in decision-making skills.
Why did you start teaching?
I enjoy teaching and helping others learn.
What is the one book you think everyone should read?
“To Kill a Mockingbird”
Tell us something interesting about yourself that your students may not know about you.
I live on a farm and enjoy nature.